- OUR VISION
- We research ways to implement more secure and convenient communication architectures that everyone can use.We also consider the next-generation ICT infrastructure technologies and services, and we research what is necessary for it.
- OUR MISSION
- In order not to end the research just on simulation, we verify it and make it useful by using the systems and equipment operated in the Integrated Information Infrastructure Center (ITC).
He engaged in research on Ubiquitous computing, Mobile Computing, Distributed processing technology, and Operation technology of electronic library system. His hobby is traveling around a famous golf course.
- The Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers (IEICE) Technical Committee on Internet Architecture(IA)
- IEEE/IPSJ SAINT: 2012 Program Co-Chair etc
- IEEE COMPSAC: 2013 Track Co-Chair etc
Associate professorIsmail Arai
His research topics are Ubiquitous/pervasive computing (indoor pedestrian navigation, public transportation big data analysis, sensor network, etc.), and participated in social activities of open data and civic tech.
- A senior member of Information Processing Society of Japan (IPSJ)
- A memner of The Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers (IEICE), ACM, IEEE, The Database Society of Japan (DBSJ), WIDE project, and Cyber Kansai Project
- Technical Committee, IEEE GCAIoT 2020, 2021.
- A board member, Technical Committee on Internet Architecture (IA), IEICE
- A board member, SIGUBI, IPSJ
- SICE Smart sensing group committee, Associate editor of SICE Journal of Control, Measurement, and System Integration (JCMSI)
- Open data evangelist, Cabinet Secretariat, Japan
- ICT advisor, Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications, Japan
Assistant professorMasatoshi Kakiuchi
He engaged in computer network architecture (control of network systems, large-scahe network management, etc.) and access network management (monitoring and security).
- A member of Information Processing Society of Japan (IPSJ), Japan Society for Software Science and Technology (JSSST), and WIDE Project
Assistant professorArata Endo
He engaged in a study on acceleration of staging operation using software-defined networking in high-performance computing cluster.
- A member of Information Processing Society of Japan (IPSJ) and IEEE
Affiliate associate professorShigeru Kashihara
Engaged in research on multidisciplinary fields supported by cyber-physical-human systems. e.g., fire-fighting disaster prevention activities support technology, unmanned aerial vehicle pilot training, crab farming technology, Beyond 5G/6G, etc.
- IEICE Technical Committee on Sensor Networks and Mobile Intelligence (SeMI), Technical committee
- Member of IEEE, ACM, IEICE, IPSJ, JASDIS, ISSS, and IIEEJ
- EPI International Journal of Engineering (EPIJE), Hasanuddin University, Editorial Board
Affiliate associate professorAkira Yutani
His researches are transmission method for 8K/4K ultra-high-definition video over IP networks, and 8K video transmission using local 5G from drones (for disaster response, infrastructure inspection such as bridges and public survey).
- A councilor of Japan Society for Digital Archive (DA)
- A member of The Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers (IEICE), The Institute of Image Information and Television Engineers (ITE), and Japan Society for Software Science and Technology (JSSST)
- A member of WIDE project, and Cyber Kansai Project (CKP)
- Rie Tsujimoto
- Kibrom Desta Araya
- Shuji Ohira
- Yusei Katsura
- Takumi Fukuda
- Takumi Niwa
- Takuya Matsunaga
- Tatsuya Yamamura
- Masaki Sanada
- Shin Hitomi
- Internet Architecture and Systems Laboratory is seeking companions to work together!
- A playful man
- Machine nerd
- Those who can objectively grasp things
For those who apply above, please come and visit our laboratory first.
We create several groups for each research field and hold progress meetings in each group once a month. In the meeting, we report on their own research situation and check progress on various research tasks (in-campus presentations, academic societies, dissertation submissions etc...).
Also, those who are particularly close in research fields conduct a more technical research meeting once a week. In addition, ad hoc meetings between teachers and students in a corner of the student's office are also frequent.
Technical Books Reading/Conference Paper Reading Lecture
There are some lectures necessary and voluntary. The necessary lectures is for new students.
The voluntary lectures vary yearly, but in recent years they have held a Lecture on parallel processing programming, a reading Linux kernel code, and Machine Learning/Deep Learning algorithm. Every lecture will be conducted approximately once or twice a week.
It is a lecture to learn the basics of TCP/IP networking. We read several titles related to TCP/IP and each one will make an presentation of about one hour. In recent years I am using A·S·Tanenbaum's book.
Server/Network System Construction Lecture
In order to acquire practical skills related to networking, each person constructs a PC router using real machines, and creates an experimental network in the laboratory to operate. Starting with the creation of Ethernet cable, installation of OS, we aim to eventually enable some kind of dynamic routing. Since you basically perform remote login and operation, you can become familiar with console control and various Unix commands. After completion of the lecture, you can also use the created router as various servers or for experiments.
Research Introduction Slide
History of the laboratory
- inet-lab lecture was launched
- Yutaka Nakamura assistant was appointed
- Associate Professor Kazutoshi Fujikawa was appointed
- Masayuki Kakiuchi assistant was appointed
- The official name of inet-lab has been decided on the internet architecture course
- Yutaka Nakamura Assistant transferred to Kyushu Institute of Technology
- Michiko Izumi assistant was appointed
- Professor Hideki Sunahara transferred to Keio University Graduate School of Media Design
- Internet Architecture and Systems Laboratory was launched
- Professor Kazutoshi Fujikawa was appointed
- Associate Professor Atsuo Inomata was appointed
- Assistant Professor Junko Izumi transferred to Hosei University
- Assistant Professor Naomi Terada transferred to the University of Electro-Communications
- Associate Professor Atsuo Inomata transferred to Tokyo Denki University
- Associate Professor Ismail Arai was appointed
- Affiliate Associate Professor Shigeru Kashihara was appointed
- Assistant Professor Akira Yutani was transferred to Kyoto University
- Assistant Professor Arata Endo was appointed